Friday, May 7, 2010

Trying to run in my sisters shoes!

This entry is for my sisters. I love the way God uses my girls and other not so profound ways to meet my need. I had the funniest experience this morning that I had to share with you. Autumn is such a little lady and loves to dress up in me and Summer's clothes. This morning at 7:00AM she decided to put on Summer's shoes. She wears Summer's shoes often but this morning she tried to run in them. As she was running to me she took a tumble and rolled over. At first she was startled-but she shed no tears. She got up from the floor and said "Mommie I can't wear my sista's shoes." It was a hilarious but profound moment for me.
There are so many wonderful women in my life that I admire and often want to be like. Of course I know I wouldn't seriously trade anything for my journey now. In dealing with many of my own inadequacies lately I've felt a special need to lay this area before the Lord! This morning I realized through this little experience God was telling me that my life, my experiences, my education or lack thereof are all unique to me and that no matter how I might admire the gifts, skills or talents of other women, I can't run in another sister's shoes. I can't take the gifts of another and use them to finish my race. I can't do what God has called another woman to do. I have my own race and God has shoes that fit only me! Wow...maybe not profound for you but had a major impact on me today! Ladies, you've got what you need to do what God has called you to do and whatever you are lacking He will provide. Now get out of your sisters shoes...they don't fit...walk, glide, no... run in your own shoes-you've got a race to finish!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Learn to be open to building up new and incredible adventures that change will bring.

Sunday was the "soft" reveal of the nike Hyperdunk
2012. Co- branding starts through endorsements with fames and institutions.
nike and Adidas furthermore found a foothold in this sub-market.
http://hintermueller.at/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=UserPagegraigbadillojexnkt