Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fight!

Sunday Service was good and the Word God sent was great! While our pastor's message was designed to speak to men and father's in particular it could be applied to every believer present. It's actually amazing how God confirms His Word. There were a few phrases used that were identical to ones God gave me earlier in the week. I was listening to Chicago Public Radio last Tuesday and was impacted by the words of one of the men being interviewed. As he spoke of his family history of men who were willing to stand for what was right. It suddenly occurred to me that there maybe several areas in my life where I haven't taken my rightful role. I've allowed the enemy to intimidate and even take areas of my life and world that God has promised. I knew it was the voice of God speaking when today we were encouraged to fight. Fight for our marriages, the health and safety of our neighborhoods, and the best for our children. Fighting is as common to many of us as breathing. Now, I believe God is calling us to fight for the change we so desperately need in our homes, neighborhoods and places of employment. As I continue to explore what this looks like, I'll keep you posted. What I do know is that without a fight nothing ever changes. Not changes positively any way. Besides who is interested in having anything remain the same. So, join me in the fight. We may actually be able to restore communities, build marriages, save our children.....and only God knows what else.

No comments: